Apply for up to €50,000 support to boost your innovation in fashion/design
You want to realise an innovative project in the Antwerp fashion or design sector. You already have a tight plan to strategically develop your idea or concept. But you lack the budget to get the project up and running quickly? Check this call. It might be that the city of Antwerp will financially support your project proposal.
Which projects can receive support
You want to realise an innovative project. With your project, you strengthen the Antwerp fashion or creative ecosystem. You develop your innovation in collab with partners.
- Your project ensures accelerated growth or (inter)national positioning of your company,
- You are looking for operating or investment budget,
- you have yet to start developing the project,
- your project has a total cost of at least 25,000 Euro,
- you mainly bring in direct costs,
- your project can be operational within 6 months of support approval. If your project is complex, you can apply for an extension.
Who can submit a project
You run an SME and can demonstrate regular activities in the city of Antwerp (city and districts). This means that your office is located in the city, you carry out construction or renovation work to get your office in the city or you can proof that several of your clients are based in Antwerp.
Criteria to receive financial support
The application for support must meet a number of criteria. These are set out in the regulations and mainly concern
- The extent to which the financial support will stimulate the project,
- The quality of the business case and the plan of approach,
- The project's impact on city of Antwerp,
- The innovative nature of the project,
- the expertise available to realise the project,
- The extent to which the project ensures continuation of profitability after the city's financial support ceases.
Financial support by project
The support is a maximum of EUR 50,000 per project. You contribute at least 25% of the total cost yourself; more own contribution is a plus. A maximum of 40% of the submitted total budget are operating costs.
Timing selection of the projects
- This call starts on 1 June 2023.
- You can submit your project until 18 September 2023 - 12am.
- A jury will evaluate the submitted projects on 29 September 2023.
- If your project is selected, you will pitch your project on 5 October 2023. The jury will draw up a report, which will be the basis for the decision of The College of Mayor and Aldermen to grant the financial support per project.
- The selected projects will be announced 3 November 2023.
More info on this call
During two webinars, you will learn more about this call for innovation, what operating and investment budget entail and how to submit your project proposal. The timing of these webinars:
- Tuesday 6 June from 9 to 10 am
- Thursday 22 June from 9 to 10 am
- Sign up for a WEBINAR
Live consult in De Winkelhaak
In DE WINKELHAAK, just after noon, you are welcome to discuss your project proposal. This is the perfect time to ask your questions in person to the project leaders of this call. Afterwards you can network with other entrepreneurs who want to innovate.
- Wednesday 28 June from 1 to 5 pm
- Sign up for a live ADVICE CONSULT