Apply for financial support to kickstart your innovation
What project can be submitted
You want to realize an innovative project in Antwerp. With this project, you enlarge and strengthen the Antwerp ecosystem. You develop your innovation in collab with partners.
- Your project ensures accelerated growth or (inter)national positioning of your company,
- You are looking for operating or investment budget,
- You still have to start developing the project,
- your project has a total cost of at least 25,000 Euros,
- you mainly bring in direct costs,
- your project can be operational within 9 months of support approval.
Who can get support
You run a SME in Antwerp or you can demonstrate regular activities in the city of Antwerp (city and districts).
This means your business is located in the city, you are carrying out construction or renovation work to get your business location in the city or you have proof that several of your customers are located in Antwerp.
Criteria to receive financial support
The application for support must meet a number of criteria. These are set out in the regulations and mainly concern:
- the extent to which the financial support will stimulate the project,
- the quality of the business case and your plan of action,
- the project's impact on the city of Antwerp,
- the innovative nature of the project,
- the expertise and resources available to realize the project,
- collaboration with other companies or organisations.
Pitch your project
The support is maximum 100,000 euro per project. You yourself contribute at least 25% of the total cost.
A jury will read and evaluate the submitted projects. If your project is selected, you pitch your project live. The jury draws up a report, which will serve as basis for the Municipal Executive of the city of Antwerp to grant the financial support per project.
Launch of the call
The calls (one for digital, circular or health innovation and one for innovation in fashion or design) are launched once a year through the city's communication channels. The set timing must be followed strictly.
Be sure to be present at the briefing of this call.
How to find out when a call is launched? Follow BusinessinAntwerp on LinkedIn or subscribe to our newsletter.